Thursday, February 4, 2010

Campbell and his new nanny

So Campbell got a new helmet the other day and we decided to break it in by going on a family bike ride. I pulled the kids in the trailer and Billy rode with the boys. Somewhere along the way Billy found an old gemstone homes flag laying on the ground and decided to pick it up and carry it around while riding his bike. The boys were pretty impressed with that but I eventually made them put it down. (if it were up to Billy it would probably be out in front of our house right now)

They all agreed on a big pile of dirt to plant it in and pose for a funny picture with it! DORKS!!


Anyway by the time we made it back home Campbell was asleep and Chloe was proping his head up for him.




Billy carried him and put him on the couch helmet, shoes and all. Chloe was not okay with that, I think she felt that he should at least be able to sleep in comfort so even though we asked her not to touch him she took it upon herself to get him nice and comfy!


First, she carefully removed his shoes and unzipped his jacket for him.


Next she covered him with a blanket, added a pillow on top and another blankie to cover the pillow (I don't know why)


She made sure it was all tucked in nice and tight.





Once she got that all taken care of she added a couple of stuffed animals to the mix so he wouldn't be scared when he woke up


Gave the animals a blankie and then layed down right next to him to be sure that no one would disturb him! Unfortunatley I don't know that he was really ever that comfortable since she left the helmet on the whole time, but it's the thought that counts right!


I don't know about you (or CPS) but I think this proves that she is old enough to stay home and babysit by herself.



4 comments:

  1. Sweet! A built-in babysitter already, she's totally qualified, this post proves it!
    We're jealous that you can already go out for bike rides in short sleeves. Fun! We still have a lot of snow on the ground here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way nicer than I would have been to my younger brother at her age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That made me laugh so hard! You have the cutest kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is so cute. I love the stuffed animals-Chloe is adorable!
    Also love the picture of Bill with the flag.
    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete