Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TA TA TONSILS


Here is Chloe about 2 hours after her surgery. She was in pretty good spirits, she even stopped sucking on her popscicle for a minute to pose for this picture! We were only in the hospital a total of 3 hours and we were only away from Chloe for about 30 minutes. It really went a lot smoother then I expected. Before they wheeled her away from us she had a little of that happy juice that Lindsay talked about in her famous drunken midget post! So she was fine with leaving but she was a little ticked when she woke up and didn't know where she was or have her mom and dad. Everytime a nurse would walk in the room she would start to cry again but as soon as we left the hospital she was fine.

We made her a little bed on the couch so she could lay there with her popscicles and sippy cups and watch movies, she was in heaven. She has had a great recovery and has only had 2 bad days, the rest were a breeze! I was able to snap a pre surgery photo of her tonsils for all of you who ask why someone needs to have their tonsils out. Its a little gross, just warning you.

The DR also cleaned a bunch of wax out of her ears while she was out. I wish I had a picture of that to share! I told Billy I was going to ask them to save it for me so I could see how much was in there but he wouldn't let me, party pooper!

4 comments:

  1. That actually surprises me that Billy wouldn't want to see all the ear wax. This coming from someone who once had a belly button lint collection:) I'm glad Chloe is doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl, im glad she got them out! I remember I went forever with mine like that.. I finally had to go in when I could barely swallow my food! Im glad everything went smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe is so stinkin' cute! Glad she's doing better. We loved seeing you guys and going to church with you. That was the most entertained we've been at church for awhile!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Mom and Dad told you that I went through the same thing when I was two! That is actually my first memory- me in the hospital. Looks like she did great! I'm excited that she can breathe better and feel better now!

    ReplyDelete