Saturday, September 12, 2009

Family history time!


So I had a little experience earlier today. I was going to post some of my sister in laws stuff on craigslist and sell it for her.(a couch and a treadmill, if anyones interested!) I had to borrow her memory card to get the pictures off of and when I uploaded the pictures thinking those were the only pictures on there I got a little surprise! A while ago she came across some old family slides, projected them onto her washing machiene and took pictures of them. I was totally in for it, I thought oh how cute, Ill just look through these really quick. A whole hour and a lot of tears later I was finally done. Most of you know that my dad passed away in 2005 and my grandpa in 2004. For those of you who didn't know them, I am sorry, they were two of the greatest men I will ever know. I just wanted to share a few pictures of them with everyone and say how much I love and miss them both. I could not have been blessed with a better family and I hope and pray I can provide that same feeling for my children. I wish so badly that they could both be here enjoying life and getting to know their grand and great grandchildren. I know it wont be long before we see them again, and for that knowledge I am also extremly grateful, without it I would be lost. I have so many wonderful memories of my family and I am so glad my grandpa was the picture taker that he was. He came to every event in my life and always had his camera with him to document it! I love the picture of my grandpa up top because that is SO him. In the wilderness and making a joke! Two main parts of my gramps, his humor and his absolute love for nature. In case you cant tell he wrote in mustard on his peice of bread, LOST, then of course made someone else take a picture of him! I love it and I could go on and on but I'll stop myself here, ENJOY!
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow- what fun pictures! Thanks for sharing those, I wish I could have known your Dad and Grandpa better!
    I can't get over the pictures of you- you look exactly like Chloe! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet Jamie! what a special great find you made. One to be treasured! and blogging makes it even more special being able to add your memories, toughts, and/or stories to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie!!!! I found your fun blog!!! Email your email again so I can invite you for reals...kristawasden@gmail.com. Toodles!

    ReplyDelete