Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little valentines fun!

Here are a few pictures of our "awesome" homemade valentines this year! Every year (so far) I let the boys pick out their own valentine and we TRY to recreate them. They never turn out quite the same as the original and every year I vow to do store bought valentines the next year, but I never do! Cooper has a thing for wall-e so he picked the robot valentine and Carter picked the ipod! Valentines day really came out of no where this year so we were up way to late Thursday night making the treats and the boxes!
 

Carters turned out pretty cute I thought! He set this pose up himself by the way!
 

You know it's not like Carters were perfect but they kinda looked it next to these guys! They had so much potential, I dont know where we went wrong. The candybar feet were so heavy that they kept falling off so I ended up hot gluing them. At that point in the night I really didn't care if the chocolate was edible or not. Whatever, he was happy. (just so you know, I am not one of those moms that does all the work, if I had, they would not have looked this good.)

 

Cooper also has a thing for penguins so we came up with this little guy. I was pretty happy to think of something to use my old food storage can for! He probably would have turned out a little better if Billy could have loaned us his artistic ability but he was in the middle of a serious battle with his friend on modern warfare! (Seriously, we can't compete with that!)
 
Posted by Picasa

And finally we have Carters box, an alligator. What? you couldn't tell that was an alligator? I don't see why, it looks exactly like one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like the Blackwell boys inherited their Dad's creativity! Those are all really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing MOM!
    I am way impressed....

    ReplyDelete