Thursday, April 15, 2010

After school treasures

 
Posted by Picasa

The boys have reached the ripe old age of 7.5 and a few months ago I decided to start letting them walk to and from the bus on their own. Well not fully on their own, they walk with a friend the same age and for some reason that makes me feel better about it! The best part about it (besides yesterday when they got distracted by a "way deep hole" and missed the bus) is all the wonderful treasures they find on the way home. This one is by far the best just because it is huge and I love picturing them carrying it down the street. The runner up is the bone they found from who knows what kind of animal. We have had numerous other pieces of metal, wood, and trash find their way home. For a while there it was a rock collection, I had to put an end to that when I realized that the neighbors were getting bald spots in their landscaping!! Anywho, I'll keep you posted if anything better then this awesome pole shows up.
P.S. This pole actually did come in handy! Billy was in the middle of finishing our wall and it got super windy so we had to use it to help support the block, thanks boys!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that is too funny. And funny that they got distracted and missed the bus. That is totally Parker. We have some strange collections at our house....there is no end to the crap that kid will bring home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm laughing so hard here... these boys remind me of someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I want to see pictures of your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preston is eight you know? so he is older, which may mean he leads the pack... HA, who knows maybe the double duo are to blame. ALl I can say is the collection of large (some cool looking) sticks are gathered up against my corner wall by my front door. NO DEAD ANIMALS ALLOWED! BOYS! they all crack me up!

    ReplyDelete