Friday, November 25, 2011

In case you didn't get enough of New York...



(WARNING: THERE WILL BE AN EXCESSIVE USE OF EXCLAMATION POINTS IN THIS POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I can finally say I LOVE NY and mean it!!  We had so much fun on our little trip to NYC.  I didn't really want to do these in a slide show but I dont know how to get the pictures off of shutterfly onto my computer. (anyone know how?)  SO I will do it like this and write the comments here all together :-)  We did A LOT of stuff and took a lot of pictures so I decided the best way would be to do 4 seperate posts of the 4 days we were gone.  Really we were gone 5 days but we didn't take pictures of each other being majorly sick on the way home from the horrible turbulence on the flight.  Who wants pictures of the end of a vacation anyway?

1.  Karen waiting to catch our flight to Maryland, where we had a little layover.  We had to be to the airport at 4:30 in the morning, waaaaay to early but so worth it!  We couldn't sleep anyway we were so excited!

2. My memory fails me on this one, big surprise.  I think this is when we were having a little lunch waiting for our flight into NYC!!!  One thing I am sure of, this is definitely Joni and Karen!

3. Unfortunately, mom was on a different flight than us but being the wonderful daughters that we are we waited in the airport for her so we could all ride in together.   I even made her a little sign with her last name on it while we waited!  It seemed like we were there for 9 hours but I'm sure it wasn't really that long.  Anywho, once she got there we went to get a cab, hello massive line!  So we called a driver, it was only ten bucks more but we did have to wait 30 more minutes for him to get there.  Maybe we could have got a cab by then but who cares, WE WERE IN NYC!!!

4.  oh, oopsie, this ones actually out of order.  We hide to ride a bus around the airport to get to the terminal mom was coming in on so we took a picture of it.  It wasn't really all that exciting but it was our first bus in New York!  Oh my goodness, I just realized that is not what this picture is.  Pretend you never saw this one.

5.  Here is our first meal in New York.  I really can't remember what time it was, it felt really late though.  I would guess 9:00 at night, luckily we weren't in St. George or everything would have been closed down by then.  We had some good stirfry and a warm bottle of soda.  While we were eating someone had the brillant idea that we should have a peice of cheesecake everywhere we ate so we could say which one was our favorite.  Wesent Joni up to buy it and we let the guy talk us into trying something called napolean or something like that.  Dissappointment.  We didn't let that happen again.

6. After we ate we headed down to Times Square (or Time Square if you're Codee).  I must confess that when we first walked out of our hotel we did head the wrong way for a couple of blocks, not bad, it only took us a couple of blocks to figure out.  As soon as we could see all the lights we decided to take a picture.   It was raining a little but we did not even care! 

7. A nice gentlemen came and offered to take a picture of all four of us.  We busted a guy getting in the back of our picture and had a good laugh with him and the photographer.  Im still not sure if they were in on it together, it was a little unclear!

8.  Close up!  Remember the rain, thats why our hair looks a little flat!

9-12.  We went into this awesome store there called aeropastle.  Just kidding, I know we have those in SG but we were looking for headbands and hats, we were unprepaired that night!  It did have a kid section and ours doesn't so there!  Anyway, we were a little tired and excited and took these pictures of each other.  Karens is totally my favorite! 

13.  The picture says it all!

14.  The whopper bar, we took this one for Trevor but I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog so whatevs.

15.  Here I am exhausted in our cute, cute, cute hotel room.  No I am not pregnant so you dont need to ask.  The room was small and the bathroom was tiny but look at that adorable wall behind me.  Not that the hotel matters much, we were so tired everynight we could have probably just slept out on the street.  It continued to rain harder and harder that night and considering we had a twenty minute walk back to the hotel, we were pretty wet and freezing when we got back but once again, WHO CARES, WE WERE IN NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!!

Let me just add a few extra comments that dont have a picture to go with them.  This trip has been a long time coming!  I still cant believe we pulled it off.  I guessI actually do have a picture of Joni jumping in the air right after we bought our tickets back in July.. I think we all shared the same feelings.  Then we had to wait a little while to save up some more funds and get our hotel.  Mom bought her tickets and we had a little meeting at her house one sunday night to pick the hotel.  SO FUN! Soon after we bought our wicked tickets and our rockette tickets.  Then we had one last formal planning meeting, we all went out to dinner and made plans while we ate cupcakes at sweet toothfairy.  We went to the bookstore and bought maps and tried to make plans.  There might have been a few clothes shopping trips mixed in there somewhere.  Anyway I honestly almost cried on several occasions because I was so exited and I really couldn't believe that I was going to be in NYC!!!  These little episodes just got closer and closer the closer the trip got or the closer the plane  got!  I remember the feeling I had in picture 6 when we first recognized Times square.  It was that excitment that makes you feel like your throat has closed off and you almost cant breathe!  It was unbelieveable and I hope I can go there soon with Billy and share all the fun with him.  I am so thankful that I was able to go and especially with some of my favorite people in the whole world!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, these pictures (and your post) just made me cry AGAIN! I have already seen all these pics a hundred times, I am glad you waited a couple weeks so I can cry all over again! It was so fun and I am so happy we were able to go and makes some awesome memories! Love you girls :) and p.s. I did cry A LOT when we were in Central Park. I hope nobody has pics of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.s. sorry about the misspellings! I am crying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO awesome! I'm so happy for you Jamie- what an unforgettable trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post! Love your guts! Love your exclamation points!!! Love New York!!! #4?...whaaaaaaat?
    I really wish that you would figured out how to get the pictures on here separately so I could steal this for my book and not have to do any of the work...hea hea.

    ReplyDelete