Monday, June 29, 2009

FHE


Can you guess what our FHE was about tonight??? I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with pimples. Yep, you got it, it was about temples! I was so excited to have this lesson tonight because this Friday we are going to take the kids to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and I thought this was a good opportunity to teach them about the appropriate behavior in the temple BEFORE we get there. It was a really fun lesson we talked about the "steps" you take to get to the temple and they each got to walk their little paper doll up the steps to the temple. They liked that part but once that was over we got to make our own temples out of marshmallows, that was a hit with the kids! Of course Billy made the best temple and all the kids wanted him to make one for them too!
Coopers was a close second, he made a flat version of the temple and I thought he did a great job!
Campbell didn't even try, he just ate his temple!
Chloe's temple ended up a cute little snowman that daddy made for her!
Cooper was in charge of dessert and he really wanted cherry sundaes, he talked about them all week. He didn't really care what was on the bottom, as long as it was topped with cool whip and cherries! It was a fun night for us and we cant wait to travel up north this weekend and see all those we haven't seen for a while, or seen at all yet!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Who are you staying with? I'm not working Friday and would love to see you guys!

    and now I have to go buy and eat marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute fhe idea. I'm so excited you guys are coming up. Mataya can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I'm totally going to steal it for my next FHE on temples. I think we will have the best temples after we eat our fill of marshmellows. Have fun at the temple this week. What a special opportunity!

    ReplyDelete