Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Concused Campbell


I have to dedicate todays blog to my sweet little Campbell, he had a traumatic day yesterday. It started out as an innocent day of shopping;the mall, Lowes, and Costco. Just that part was traumatic enough for Campbell, he seriously hates shopping. The day took a turn for the worse once we got to Costco. Campbell was in the back of the cart (bad mom, I know but thats the only place he doesn't scream) he saw some beautiful jewlery in the case and dove for it. Unfortunately he fell, hit the back of his head on the corner got a little cut and then fell all the way out and landed on the concrete floor. He cried for a while, then he fell asleep but it was nap time anyway so I really thought he was fine. I woke him up as soon as we got out to the parking lot just to be sure he was fine and everything looked okay, he laughed a little and then he threw up everywhere! So we headed right to the ER. Fun times. Luckily my sister Joni was with me so she kept Chloe-I can't imagine how fun that would have been. Anyway, two hours, 1 CT scan, and a screaming baby later he was sent home with a concusion. About thirty minutes after we got to the ER he was back to his normal self and I started thinking I wasted time and money by taking him there but I guess its one of those better safe then sorry situations.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that is so scary. These crazy kids always make life interesting! I'm glad that he is okay, he is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sad.. I know exactly whatcha mean by the waste of time and money though! I have been put in this situation to many times with Garrett and I am still paying for them! Hope campbell is feeling better the poor guy! Have a better day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Campbell....Sorry you had to go through that! That is the cutest picture of him though. He looks so grown up with his haircut :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! What a rough day... we figure with children there will be more ER trips to come in the future! I'm glad he's all better... and I agree, he looks so grown up and handsome with his haircut!

    ReplyDelete