Thursday, April 23, 2009

see ya later softball!!


So here is our softball team, the portion of it that made it through the whole season anyway! (minus Jen, a crucial member!) We started out quite a bit bigger but it was really tough, especially when kids were involved, and slowly the team dwindled. We may not have been the most skilled team out there but we looked good, we had the most fun and, we were for sure the most improved by this last game! The first team we played beat us by about 22 runs, when we played them again just 6 weeks later they only beat us by 2! I took my camera to almost every game but I never actually snapped any pictures until this last day. I am glad we did it, it was tons of fun, but I am also glad it is over!

Here is Billy hitting his home run, well it was a good hit anyway maybe not a home run but a good one!

Here he is rounding first from another good hit! I wish I had a picture of his totally unnecessary slide into home that took him about a week to recover from but I dont so just picture it! My mom said she hopes that image never leaves her head-he kept us laughing all season long.

Here is a picture of our intense pitcher, she was really awesome, oh wait thats me! Yes thats right for some reason I was trusted as the pitcher, and I pitched every game the whole game except one. I can honestly say that was our first game and I just didn't get that I wasn't supposed to throw it to the catcher but that the ball should land on the plate. Once I realized that I wasn't as bad. I wish I had a picture of my "slide" at home also. I am going to call it that anyway, nevermind that it was after I crossed home plate!

The picture of a satisfied team walking off the feild after getting their third out! Really, it was so much fun and I hope we can do it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. When I saw some of these pictures on facebook, I was so jealous. It looks SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lame, after I read Katies blog I realized that my brother Eric and his wife Karen (our faithful cheerleader) are also not pictured. They were both at every game and every practice. This is the first one they missed because they were in the hospital with thier seet new baby Carson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun that you and Bill got to play on the same team! Way to go pitching! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete